Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Research on Breast Cancer

After researching for a year as part of my Master of Science program, I made and presented a poster with my research findings under the supervision of Dr. Raj Kandpal and his lab at Western University of Health Sciences. Here is my final poster:





























Throughout this experience, I learned the importance of research, not only for medical advancements, but also for educational purposes. I was able to take a topic that I learned in the classroom, and apply it in great detail in the lab. This hands on research has taught me much more than I could have possibly learned in the classroom. I highly encourage everyone to look for an opportunity to research something, anything, that might interest them. It can be anything from cancer research to behavioral or psychological research. Do what interests you, and you will find the experience very rewarding as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment